Heroes of Tomorrow is a “safety first or no-go”organization.
As a non-profit organization,we dedicate ourselves to and strive for a safe workplace - wherever our workplace might be.
We are under NO time schedule for completion of ANY evolution,so the participants need to understand that time is of no essence whenever safety is a concern.
Safety is our number one concern.
All participants and attendees will be provided with a list of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) below which will be inventoried prior to commencement of training evolutions.
All participants should arrive to any evolution well slept,fed,in good health and stretched out.
All participants should bring adequate numbers of the following PPE.
Water and Hydration
- You must bring a Camel-back or similar type of portable hydration device with a minimum capacity of 2 liters.
- Evolutions will each include a hydration period similar in structure to that of the US Military,Police,Fire and EMS standards.
- Any attendee my invoke a “Safety stop!”to the evolution if hydration is needed. This “Safety stop!”will have absolutely NO impact to any grading or scores received by the group or the attendee.
Eye and Face Protection
- Safety glasses must be worn anytime work evolution can cause foreign objects getting into the eye such as during woodland,tree or swamp maneuvers. We suggest that you wear your safety sunglasses at all times.
- Eye and face protectors are selected for use based on anticipated hazards.
- Safety sunglasses should be provide UV and impact protection.
- Participants should wear military specification work shoes,boots or tennis shoes with slip-resistant and puncture-resistant soles.
- Safety-toed footwear might be required for specified evolutions. Ask your HOT Trainer for specifics.
- Gloves should fit snugly.
- Participants should wear the right gloves for the job (for example,insulated gloves for cold weather evolutions,NOMEX flame resistant gloves for specific multi-task evolutions.
- Participants shall wear protective head gear where there is a potential for heat,cold,snow wind and rain;especially when there are unpredictable weather conditions.
- Hats and head gear should be maintained in good condition.
- Participants shall wear weather protective clothing where there is a potential for heat,cold,snow wind and rain;especially when there are unpredictable weather conditions.
- Outerwear and layered clothing should be maintained in good condition.
- Appropriate first aid equipment should be on hand at all times.
- At least 1 participant should have up to date first aid training and be CPR certified.
- All participants should know the name of the physical location in case police,fire or EMS personnel are required for an emergency.
- Participants should know the location of the nearest hospital and fire station.